Maisie: How to handle "Assessment Hell"

Hi all,

Current Cadbury students will be fully aware that the week before our blissful break was the dreaded assessment week. During assessment week, we are, you guessed it, assessed in all of our subjects to ensure that we are able to succeed in our chosen courses.

Some will be ecstatic with their results, and I congratulate those who achieved their targets. Among us, though, will be those who are disappointed with their results.

I will admit, I have been incredibly disappointed in myself due to underachieving in the past, but the trick is bouncing back. I have witnessed fellow students cave in on themselves after disappointment, and they began to form negative patterns which only ended in more disappointment.

My advice is to use that unpleasant feeling, and transform it into motivation. When it comes to challenges, I live by the four P’s.

Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

It is all in the preparation. We are past the stage where we can say “it’s fine, I’ll just blag it,” and manage to scrape a B. The time has come for some serious study schedules.

Those who plan on going to university may need to think about the effect poor preparation WILL have on their future. If you have big dreams, which have qualification requirements, you have two choices. You can either settle for another career, or get your act together and fight for what you ultimately want. It’s a hard long fight, but it’s possible.