Jasmine: Transition from 1st year to 2nd year

Hello again, it’s Jasmine!

Decided my first “official” blog post - to say- should be about how I've been finding my A2 year (2nd year of a-levels). All I can say right now is… My WORD there a lot of work! A lot of hard work!

It’s not just revision, and end of topic tests, and mock assessments that really contribute to all this “hard work”, it’s more to do with all the other responsibilities that are involved. For example, in second year you've got UCAS applications, predicted grades, personal statement writing, University offers, and so much more!

But don’t let that put you off, and don’t be scared! What’s so awesome about college is that there is SO MUCH SUPPORT to do with all of this. Everyone here wants to see you succeed, and they’ll stop at nothing to make sure everything is right for you. Recently I've been shown so much more support that I need to do all this, all available in college. When I felt down, or anxious, or felt overwhelmed with everything University related, one word to my tutor and everything was made okay again.

One thing you have to realise, even in your 1st year, is that if you need help, you need to ask! I found myself not asking for help in my first few years because I always thought I was a burden, which I regret doing because all staff at college, whoever you talk to, are so helpful, lovely and kind (and I’m not just saying that to try and get into their good books!). You’re never a burden to anyone in college. If you have a concern, speak up! The college tries to make sure your experience studying for your qualifications here, whether it be GCSE, A-level or BTECs, is one of the best experiences of your life, and one that you look back on with a huge smile!

So that’s me done then! I’ll try and update soon with another blog post, fingers crossed it isn't as boring as this one!

-Jasmine