Jasmine: First Blog Post!

Hello everybody! It’s Jasmine here!

Since you may not know who on Earth I am, let me take this opportunity to introduce myself properly. I’m a second year student here at Cadbury, studying Biology, Psychology and Sociology, as well as being an academic mentor, student representative and now student blogger! I’m so excited to start blogging for college now! The idea of blogging seems like so much fun, I just hope I don’t seem like a bore!

So, let me talk about my experiences of college so far (There’s almost three years’ worth of material here, so bear with me!). I started college in September 2013 on the GCSE re-sit programme, studying Double Science, Geography and Sociology. Previous to this, I was home educated, so that in itself is very different from most other people in college, as I have now found out. If you thought moving from school to college was hard, imagine moving from being at home for 5 years to attending classes with other people! I was ABSOLUTELY terrified.

BUT! I’m still here 2 years later, and that just shows how AWESOME the college is with dealing with every individual circumstance that students may have. I was made to feel welcome, and everyone made sure I was comfortable since it was such a big transition for me. So, if they managed that for a home educated child, just imagine the amount of support and help there is for secondary school children moving from school to college. I am SO GLAD I chose this college to attend. Every lesson I attended I enjoyed and every teacher I had was fully supportive. College is such a relaxed atmosphere, and a grown up one at that. You’re no longer treated as a child here at college, you’re young adults. That’s one of the things I like about college. I felt like I’ve been able to grow a lot since starting (not physically, I am 19 now so I don’t think I’m going to be getting any taller anytime soon!); grow into the person that I am now, and how I’m going to be in the future.

I’m not just gaining qualifications here at college, but so much more! This is the beginning of the rest of my life! And when I leave (I can’t even bare to think about the fact I’m leaving next year! No!), I’m always going to think about Cadbury as being the beginning of the rest of my life.

Long intro, I know, I write too much! But I just wanted to say hi! Hopefully I can show you a good insight into student life here at Cadbury College. This place is incredible (and I’m not just saying that to get into the good books around here; I genuinely think it!), and I hope any prospective students who are thinking of attending here take my words into consideration. Hopefully will update you all soon!

From Jasmine!